Cloud Academy : Cloud Formation and Properties in Extrasolar Planets
Clouds and hazes have a fundamental impact on the physical structure and appearance of planetary atmospheres and even influence the habitability of earthlike planets. Recent years brought an abundance of data on clouds in exoplanets. In the school we will review physical models for cloud formation in Solar System planets, exoplanet observations, and laboratory studies.
Dates: September 23-28, 2018
Venue: Les Houches Advanced School for Physics
Topics covered: The school will cover the following topics:
– A physical picture of cloud and haze formation in Earth’s Atmosphere
– Atmospheric Circulation Regimes for Solar System and Exoplanets
– Cloud Properties and Planetary Habitability
– Clouds and Hazes in Solar System Giant and Rocky Planets: Observations
– Clouds and Hazes in Strongly Irradiated Exoplanets: Observations
– Clouds and Hazes in Strongly Irradiated Exoplanets: Theory
– Clouds and Hazes in Weakly Irradiated Exoplanets and Brown Dwarfs: Observations
– Clouds and Hazes in Weakly Irradiated Exoplanets and Brown Dwarfs: Theory
– Clouds and Hazes: Laboratory Studies
More information will soon follow.